Proceed to GeoCommunity Home Page

SpatialNewsGIS Data DepotGeoImaging ChannelGIS and MappingSoftwareGIS JobsGeoBids-RFPsGeoCommunity MarketplaceGIS Event Listings
HomeLoginAccountsAboutContactAdvertiseSearchFAQsForumsCartFree Newsletter

Sponsored by:

TOPICS
Today's News

Submit News

Feature Articles

Product Reviews

Education

News Affiliates

Discussions

Newsletters

Email Lists

Polls

Editor's Corner

SpatialNews Daily Newswire!
Subscribe now!

Latest Industry Headlines
Orbit GT and Geosense, South Africa, sign Reseller Agreement
TC Technology Announces MIMS 2017
Public-Private Partnership to Open Geodata Access for African Resource Development
CoreLogic Launches SkyMeasure Mobile App for Roofing Industry
TCarta Marine to Introduce Gulf of Mexico Streaming Basemap Service at Esri Petroleum Conference

Latest GeoBids-RFPs
Cartography Training-VA
A & E Services-OR
Remote Sensing-UT
Surveying and Mapping-WA
GPS Locators-MN

Recent Job Opportunities

Recent Discussions
DEM to DTM in Inroads
GZ File
LiDAR-derived DEM
space syntax
DEM data for Israel

GeoCommunity Discussions

SpatialNews Discussions --
    The place to discuss GIS news, hardware, software, and data issues

Subject:  Land-use management, global urban governance
Posted by: Charla Burnett
on: Jan 24, 2016 15:04:03 CST

Post New Message...     Post A Reply To This Message...     Notify us of inappropriate comments

Hello, my name is Charla Burnett.

I'm a doctoral student and research assistant at the UMass Boston, US. My background is in globalization and conflict management, specializing in social identity theory. Prior to starting my program, I was working with international governmental and nongovermental organizations implementing sustainable development projects. I realized that the challenges facing the majority of humans were due to socio-spatial exclusion. My dissertation will focus on how GIS and Multi-Criteria analysis can represent multi-variable axis of identity for land-use planning and management. The analysis will be focused on the practical uses and implications in human security and global governance. It will not be instructional. I will be interviewing GIS scholars and practitioners with the intention of publishing. If you share interests in this field of work or know someone who is, please let me know. I would also be open to any suggestions or opinions. Thank you! I really appreciate it

Subject Author Date
you are here Land-use management, global urban governance Charla Burnett Jan 24, 2016 15:04:03 CST

Back to Boards Index

Sponsored by:

For information
regarding
advertising rates
Click Here!

Copyright© 1995-2014 MindSites Group / Privacy Policy

GeoCommunity™, Wireless Developer Network™, GIS Data Depot®, and Spatial News™
including all logos and other service marks
are registered trademarks and trade communities of
MindSites Group