GIS Careers |
IT Careers |
E-mail lists |
SpatialNews Press Release
Avenza Announces MAPdataUSA 2K -
a complete CD library of enhanced US Census 2000 data in Shape file format
Mississauga, ON, February 6, 2002 - Avenza Systems Inc., the developer of
MAPublisher map production software, announces the release of MAPdataUSA 2K,
a convenient 19 CD library of the complete US Census 2000 TIGER/Line data
set converted to Shape file format. Enhancements include joined road and
water layers, proper name directory of states and counties, ZIP Code
tabulation areas by state, and concatenated road names to a single column
for easier labeling and selecting.
"Customers tell us this CD library will save them days lost downloading and
manipulating Census data," said Ted Florence, president of Avenza Systems
Inc. "It's no surprise we had a waiting list of customers anxious to take
delivery," he added.
Summary of MAPdataUSA 2K benefits:
- 19 CD library provides easy access to complete US Census 2000 data
- all data is in Shape file format for direct use in MAPublisher and GIS
- organized by state and county using proper names for easy access
- polylined or joined linear files of roads and water lines.
- up to 43 layers for each county (see www.avenza.com for full listing)
- road name columns have been concatenated for easier labeling
- includes ZIP codes tabulation areas
- available for Mac and Windows Operating Systems
For complete product details and a free sample download visit
Availability and pricing:
Full MAPdataUSA 2K library of 19 CDs - $499
Reduced price for MAPublisher 4.0 licensees - $399
Reduced price for MAPdataUSA 95 licensees - $349
Price for MAPublisher 4.0 and MAPdataUSA bundle - $999
Individual states also available - $149 or less
All prices are in US funds.
MAPdataUSA is shipping now direct from Avenza Systems Inc. and through
Avenza's worldwide reseller network.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award winning, privately held corporation that
provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools
for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and
Windows users, the Company offers value-added data sets, product training
and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
Search GeoCommunity for Related Stories
Search The Web (Google) for Related Stories
Return to Today's News Index
Feb 7, 2002
Jun 26, 2002