SpatialNews - Contributing Editors & Content Partners
The GeoCommunity is a professional online community founded by geographers, developers, editors,
and writers experienced
with working with the finest names in the GIS software, hardware, and publishing businesses. We strive to
deliver quality, timely, and cutting edge editorial content to the community.
Here's a list of some of our contributing editors & partners:
- Alex Philp (email@example.com) - Alex is a member of GCS Research LLC (www.gcs-research.com) and Director of the newly created Geospatial Research Group in the Department of Geography at The University of Montana. Mr. Philp and his colleagues in the private and public sector emphasize the research and development of integrated Web-based map, image and document services for multiple applications. Mr. Philp is former Assitant Director of the NASA-funded EOS Education Project and founding Director of the National Lewis and Clark Education Center at The University of Montana.
- John D. Leavy (firstname.lastname@example.org), Leavy Consulting, Inc. - John Leavy is an industry expert in the Engineering Information arena, a popular
speaker and presenter and author of several popular CAD titles.
- John Childs (email@example.com) maintains a not-for-profit website at www.terrainmap.com where he
offers a series of DEM file translation utilities and tutorials available for free download.
- Andrew Waxman - over seven years experience using and developing geospatial applications. He has developed applications in Arc Macro Language (AML),
- Barrie Matthews - Systems analyst, engineering technologist, and founding partner of
Engineering systems Inc.
- Joseph Kerski - geographer in the national
mapping program of the USGS in Denver, Colorado, USA
- Thomas R. Baker - Thomas is the GIS Education Specialist for the U.S.
Department of Education Technology Innovation Challenge Grant, the KanCRN
Collaborative Research Network
- Rick Gray - Rick Gray holds a B.Sc. in Environmental Science from the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada with a major in Natural Resources Management.
- Tom Kralidis - Tom is a Systems Scientist for Environment Canada.
- Tom Patterson - Tom is the Fire Management Officer
in Joshua Tree National Park and the BLM Palm Springs Field Office
We welcome article suggestions and submissions from experienced writers and developers who wish to share their
with our audience. Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org We will
carefully evaluate and respond to all proposals. We look forward to hearing from you!