Contents | Mobile GIS | Feature Article | New GIS Software | Market Report
News| WebMapping | Russian Data | OnTheStreet | Free Scripts
Canada eh! | Events | Tech-Tips| GIS Book | Jobs
The Washington State Geospatial Data Archive at the University of Washington has a collection of
Russian Federation Digital Data that is available for download. Over the past year, we at The GeoCommunity
have seen a number of requests for international, particularly Russian, data and have not had a reliable source
of where such data can be accessed.
The digital spatial data, available in SHP or .E00 format, includes the subjects of the Russian Federation: 21 republics, 6
krays, 49 oblasts, 2 cities of federal significance (Moscow and St. Petersburg), 1
autonomous oblast, and 10 autonomous districts are the subjects of the Russian
Federation. The data includes locations of 1858 rayons, 6 ethnic administrative rayons,
and 441 gorsovets. The data map is Albers equal-area projection Clarke spheroid of1866.
attribute data includes:
- resident total population in 1995.
- resident urban population in 1995.
- resident rural population in 1995.
- turnout during the second round of 1996 Russian
- Yeltsin_07' share of votes for Boris Yeltsin during the second round of
1996 Russian Presidential Elections.
- Zyuganov_0' share of votes for Gennady Zyuganov during the second
round of 1996 Russian Presidential Elections.
- share of votes 'Against All' during the second round of 1996 Russian Presidential Elections
Data can be downloaded at
Related Weblinks include:
Return to NewsMagazine #15 Index